SPF Insulation is in high demand. Architects, Builders and Homeowners are seeking Spray Foam Contractors
What are the potential SPF Cost Savings compared to other insulation cost savings?
When building a home or office space, homeowners, contractors, property owners, and even architects focus on what they know. Understandably, they are the least expensive and most convenient options. Other factors should be considered. What are those other factors?
- Material performance
- Quality Assurance
- Reputation of manufacture and contractor
Calculating Spray Foam Insulation cost savings vs. other insulation types
Here is a useful formula
- Cost to install spray foam in a 2,000 sq. ft home in Zone 5*: $xxxx
- subtract: the price to insulate with fiberous material – $xxxx
- subtract: the savings from HVAC right-sizing due to – $xxxx
- subtract: cost of air sealing, Lesco boxes, extra caulk/tape, -$xxxx
- NET cost increase of insulating with spray foam +/- $xxxx
Spray Polyurethane Foam Cost Savings
As much as 40% of a building’s energy is lost due to air infiltration. As much as half of the energy used in a home goes to heating and cooling, according to the EPA. Maintaining an optimal heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system can make your home more energy efficient. With spray foam, HVAC sizing can be reduced as much as 35%.
Who are our target audiences?
- Architects: Driven to push the envelope (designer / artist)
- Production Builders: Driven by efficiency (profit / time)
- Custom Builder: Driven by relationships (the next job is dependent on the last job)
- Homeowner: Driven by family values / household budget (comfort / security)
Most residential or commercial dwelling’s insulation often is not the focus. Do your best to educate your potential clients and understand both the short and long term benefits of polyurethane foam insulation.
Initially, SPF insulation investment is more significant when compared to additional forms of insulation. The return on investment can be noticeable and will payback for years to come.
Interested in more valuable spray foam insulation and polyurea coatings industry information? Opt-in to our newsletter.